Functional Medicine Services
At Covington Pediatrics, we restore children’s health and quality of life using a personalized, Functional Medicine approach and a Western medical approach. We use the latest advancements in diagnostic testing to uncover underlying dysfunctions for chronic wellness issues – so we can uncover overlooked factors that can have a dramatic impact on your child’s health.
Caring for your child’s health properly is so much more than just taking care of individual areas of the body. At Covington Pediatrics, we follow a “functional medicine” approach that treats the unified system of your body, holistically.
The concept of “functional medicine” springs from the idea that medical care is an act of integration, not separation.
Instead of simply addressing different symptoms across separate areas, functional medicine seeks to treat the underlying root cause – while looking at lifestyle factors such as diet, environment, emotional health, and mindset that usually brings on the illness patients are seeking to heal.
The principles that characterize Functional Medicine care are as follows:
- A functional medicine doctor prioritizes quality over quantity with their patients. The practitioner will only make a medical diagnosis after listening carefully to a patient’s medical history, looking at lifestyle factors that are oftentimes causing illness, then making a personalized assessment based on each patient’s unique situation.
- Assessment, natural healing, and prevention are prioritized over wait-and-see treatment approaches.
- The most modern and advanced medical equipment that is available is used along with natural forms of healing like upgrading diet and using healing herbs or supplementation with few or no side effects.
- Patients are taught how to take a more active role in their own health and will learn up-to-date nutritional science and lifestyle modifications that can boost their health and overall wellness for a lifetime.
Utilizing the functional medicine approach helps patients to finally heal and deal with the root cause of illness that they have been struggling with for months and years.
Instead of relying on being prescribed medications again and again for temporary relief, functional medicine doctor Juliana Nahas and her team at Covington Pediatrics diagnose problems holistically and arm patients with the modern tools for healthy living.
Since the founding of her practice, she and her team have helped pediatric patients heal from life-altering conditions such as fatigue, irritable bowel syndrome, eczema, migraines, and more.
Whether Covington Pediatrics is the first functional medicine clinic you are visiting for treatment, or simply the latest one, we’ll make sure we do everything in our power to find an effective treatment and make sure it’s also the last clinic you’ll need to visit.
Incorporating the latest advances in science, functional medicine affords a completely new way to view chronic wellness issues from dyslipidemia to diabetes, allergies to autoimmune disease, anxiety to autism and more.
The underlying principle is that chronic disorders are the result of physiological imbalances throughout your body – from systemic inflammation, insulin resistance, oxidative stress, to hormonal imbalances and catabolic physiology – made worse by poor diet, lack of key nutrients, stress, emotional and environmental toxins, as well as a sedentary lifestyle:
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome
- Celiac’s disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- High Blood Pressure
- High cholesterol
- Metabolic Syndrome
- Thyroid conditions
At Covington Pediatrics, you’ll be joined by a care team of a functional medicine doctor, and midlevel practitioners to ensure the fastest return back to health.
As such, our integrative medicine approach under the guidance of Dr. Juliana Nahas is based on the following:
- Complementary to and inclusive of a variety of treatment modalities
- Holistically oriented, focusing on mind, body and spirit
- Focuses on optimal health – not just the absence of symptoms or disease
- Requires patient to take an active role in health creation
- Acknowledges the multi-factorial nature of complex situations, requiring a multi-dimensional approach
- A preference for natural, non-toxic therapies – harnessing the body’s ability to heal itself
How It Works
Over the course of 6-12 months, we provide a personalized care package, depending on the severity of your situation. Most of our patients experience significant improvements to their wellness within a few weeks of starting to work with our team.
Initial Discovery Consult
A short 15 to 30-minute discovery consult with our patient intake coordinator
In-depth 90-minute intake visit with your doctor
Four 30-90 minute follow up visits over the course of 6 months, depending on what needs to be assessed and addressed, in addition to weekly check-ins via phone/video, and group coaching
Collaborative care approach between doctors, practitioners, and patient
Regular group education on topics around gut health, detox, weight loss, chronic conditions, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, and obesity
Wonder If Covington Pediatrics Is Right For You?
Maybe you have some questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision on becoming a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to see whether or not Covington Pediatrics is right for you.
Hear From Our Clients
“Absolutely love Dr. Nahas and her staff!! They are always quick to return a phone call or book an appointment the same day! I’m usually in and out of her office within a hour tops. Dr. Nahas and her staff always go above and beyond”
“Both of my children (now 6 and 9 yrs old) have been going to Dr. Nahas since they were born. I really like Dr. Nahas, the nurse practitioners and the entire staff at Covington Pediatrics! Every visit we’ve had has been very exceptional”
Take The First Step Today On Your child's
Journey Back To Health
Perhaps you have questions you’d like to ask before you make a decision to become a patient. Our patient coordinator is standing by, happy to answer any questions you have to determine if Covington Pediatrics is right for you. Simply call to speak with our patient coordinator at 770-787-7444.